Wednesday, 19 February 2014

Spring Must-Haves

 
Skin Care Must-Haves...

 KORRES Lemon & Guava Shower Gel...
Recently I've been loving more refreshing shower scents. It's been out with the heavy, sugary winter smells and in with the floral, fruity, zingy fragrances for spring time. These fit the bill perfectly. They leave my skin nice and clean without being too harsh, and they're great for a pep-me-up in the morning.

Pure Instant Radince Hot Cloth Cleanser...
This has been my go to throughout the winter, and it will stay that way well into spring. I will put my hand on my heart and say that this is the best hot cloth cleanser I've ever tried. It gets off every trace of stubborn makeup with one smooth application, the packaging is nice, it was totally affordable and it gives the skin a really deep clean. Highly Recommend.

B. Refined Exfoliating Cleanser... 
The tiny particles in this cleanser provide the perfect level of exfoliation. They leave skin feeling incredibly soft and smooth without feeling too abrasive. I've felt that it also helps with breakouts and blackheads, and it really brightens up my skin. Love, love, love. 
  
 Pond's Institute Cold Cream...
For an even more luxurious cleanse, I will always turn to this. The concept is kind of weird, you take a blob on your fingers (it feels like a very rich, stiff body butter) and smear it straight on to your dry, makeup face. Weird? I thought so to. But as you massage it into the skin, it turns into a sort of oil on your face, and it just dissolves every scrap of makeup, leaving your skin super clean. The next weird bit is in the removal - instead of water or a damp cloth, you use a dry cloth or cotton ball to wipe it off your face. Because it's oil based, water will not remove it. After this step,  I like to follow up will a face wash or exfoliant of some sort to give my skin a really fresh feel.

Hair Care Must-Haves...
 Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Reconstructure Deep Conditioner...
Wow, that was a mouthful. This is my tippity-top favourite hairmask ever, especially when I've re-ombred my hair. (Would anyone like to see a more in-depth hair care routine for dyed/ombred/highlighted hair? I'd love to do one!) I leave this on in the shower once a week for, well, three minutes, and then rinse. My hair is left super soft and smelling amazing.

 Aussie Dual Personality Colour Hair Protectant + Shine Serum...
I use this oil on the bleached ends of my hair, and I feel like it's one of the best remedies I've found for split ends and breakages. You have to be careful with the oils you use on dyed blonde hair, because most oils have a slight tint, which, after a while, can show up on your hair. This one however is completely clear, and helps to keep my hair nice and blonde.

Morrocan Oil...
If you have never tried this product, you are seriously missing out. This my favourite hair product of ALL TIME EVER. This is my third bottle I think, and I've been using it for years. This smells like heaven in a bottle, and nourishes your hair amazingly, leaving it beautifully shiny and glossy. Yes, it is pricey, but in my opinion, totally worth it. As I said before, it lasts forever. It is essentially Argan oil, which will slightly darken dyed blonde hair, so I just use a small amount of this on the brunette portion of my hair to tame frizz and add shine.


 Beauty Favourites...


 Lush Sweet Lips Lip Scrub in Chocolate...
I love lips scrubs in the colder months (in England that includes the spring O.O), and this is just perfect. It tastes amazing, smells amazing, and it leaves lips super soft.

Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream...
I tend to favour a much lighter coverage in spring, but I still want to even out any uneven skin tone or blemishes I might have. This contains three pigments to combat redness, fatigue an dark spots. It gives me just what I want in a CC/BB cream - fresh looking skin, even skin tone, and a natural, dewy finish. I love it.

Pixi Lip Tint in Petal...
This is the perfect lip product for spring - it moisturises the lips, and gives them a nice, subtle pop of spring colour. I love coral shades for spring and summer, so this will definitely going into my makeup bag for the months to come.

Random Must-Haves...

 Primark Statement Pearl Necklace...
This is my new obsession. If you know me, you'll know that I love a good statement necklace. This one is the perfect necklace for spring, and it totally transforms any outfit from a bit naff to something really special. And all a mere snip at £4 (?!), it's the bargain of the century. It definitely doesn't look like Primark quality, it has this really nice, rustic, antique look which I just love. In fact, I'd highly recommend a trip to the Primark jewellery section at the moment, they have some great stuff in.

 Pukka Herbal Teas...
I'm not usually a big tea drinker, but when it comes to fruit/herbal teas, it's a different story. These are full of flavour and I love to have one in the morning or before I go to bed - they're so nice and soothing. These are my two favourite types: the harmonise tea, containing organic rose, hibiscus and sweet vanilla (yummy or what?) and the green chai tea containing organic green tea, cinnamon and star anise.
 Scented Candles...
In particular, these two. One is from Bomb cosmetics, in Nature's Candy, and the other is from a local boutique, Hamiltons, in Wild Fig & Grape, but you might be able to get your hands on it online. Candles are perfect for a relaxing bath, or simply for adding a nice fragrance to your room (or your whole house!) I also love the packaging of the Bomb cosmetics candle, it's very spring appropriate.


Company Magazine...
This is my favourite magazine of the moment. I used to be a Vogue/Bazaar/Instyle kind of a gal, but there were always a lot of features I wasn't really interested in. Not with these however. I will read every page and find it interesting and inspiring. There are more fashion pages in these (as it seems to me anyway) than in any of the above. I also love the more quirky, youthful edge that Company has. And, they're perfect handbag size. I would highly recommend you give these a go, that is, if you weren't already one over by the gorgeous cover designs.

That's the lot. I really hope you enjoyed reading, tell me if you'd like to see that hair post in the comments below. Let me know if you've tried any of these products, or saw anything that took your fancy. I'll see you again in a couple of days with an outfit post. Byee! xoxo

4 comments:

  1. well I will sooo be popping out to t'shops. To give spring a proper squishy hug. woop to the primark necklace, it look so fancyy!! And yes my sweet, you must must do a ombreyeye (ignore the y's they are there to make up for no accent above the e) routine! prretaayy paahhlease! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeee fank you! You make my day ya lovely thing xxxx

      Delete
  2. and you doing nothing short of sting merriment into my day either you gorgeous little lass..lass..lassay? X

    ReplyDelete
  3. hia, how are you doin chummy? havent seen you in a while x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to write all your lovely comments, we love to read them!