Friday, 15 August 2014

Sunday Diary #3


I have just got back from Wilderness festival, which means that I'm still feeling (more that a little) groggy, but also that I've still got that buzz you get from being surrounded by a constant source of energy. I went with a gaggle of my best friends, and we had the best time. I have always been a festival kind of gal - I love the feeling of being in a huge crowd of people and dancing 'till dawn. I am definitely prepared to brave the queues for the incredibly expensive (but very delicious) paella, and even to hesitantly climb into one of the stage side porta-loos, which need no introduction. I even enjoyed having to re-erect our tent with one of my friends at 3 in the morning after it was blown down (and nearly blown away!) in a gale.

The live music was incredible - we saw London Grammar (who were hauntingly beautiful), Sam Smith, Jessie Ware who were all incredible, and we found some awesome little (I mean like 4m by 4m) tents playing come classic 90s hits. Though I was very thankful to get home to a shower, I'm missing it already.

Anyway, last week or so a friend of mine and I were having a wonder in town, and kind of on a whim decided to have a mosey around China town. It's something I'd done before, but it was really nice to revisit it when it wasn't so busy (previous trips had mainly taken place around Chinese New Year - it's amazing to see but you literally can't move for people). I have to say, I really don't know why I didn't go back sooner. I love how vibrant everything is here; from restaurants to newsagents this place is bursting with colour.

It's safe to say I was looking forward to my next trip - so, here I am, back there again, bubble tea in hand, exploring the streets. It's also on a really nice route through London to walk: you can go from Covent garden, Neil's Yard, through China town, down to Leicester Square, Trafalgar square, and then down to the river. It was on this trail that most of these photos were taken. I love walking around the city, there's always so much to see.

Also, I am in PARIS! I am so excited to be back in one of my favourite cities in the world. I'm doing a round-a-bout trip of France and Spain, Paris being the first stop, so expect a ton of photos. I hope you're all having a lovely week.


x

2 comments:

  1. Your photos are making me want to travel again!
    London is definitely on top of my bucket list :)

    Hope you are having a wonderful time in Paris! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should soooo come to London! Your'd love it! Xxx

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to write all your lovely comments, we love to read them!